Sambo stated in a statement he personally signed on Friday in Kaduna.
He said that his attention had been drawn to an online publication on a query issued by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to Power Distribution Companies.
“The story alleged that l own KAEDCO through a proxy.
“l wish to state unequivocally that the story is totally untrue, malicious and unfounded.
“The story is aimed at bringing my reputation to disrepute.
“For the records, I do not own a single share in the company or any of the public privatised companies under my watch either directly or through a proxy,’’ he said.
Sambo added:”As the chairman of the Privatisation Council and indeed as public servant, l discharged my duties responsibly in accordance to laid down rules and procedures and in the interest of the nation.”
He demanded rebuttal of the story and a public apology by the authors within one week and urged the media to desist from propagating fake news.
He also advised journalists to uphold the principles and ethics of the noble profession at all times.